Monday, June 1, 2009

May & Swimming

Wow! I cant believe it's already June ... where is the time going?? May was a relaxing and trying month all at the same time. Jeff finally graduated from the Police Academy which got us back to enjoying family evenings and weekends. It has been so nice having him home every evening and now I realize how much of a help he was! :) The trying part was that the week that we were supposed to close on our house the buyer backed out. Which left us 1/2 packed and a few things we had already sold that we would not be needing after the move. It was not a fun time and we are still very much in limbo right now which I can't stand because I am very much of an in order kind of person and my house is driving me CRAZY! Ha! O'well I try to stay positive and know that God sees the bigger picture. I know we will get through it!

This past weekend I decided we would take Slade swimming for the 1st time this Summer. He LOVES playing in the bathtub so I thought he would love the swimming pool. Well, not so much! He was not wanting to have anything to do with swimming. It will probably take him a little while to get use to the whole swimming idea. I'm sure he will be loving it by the time Summer is ending! Ha! However, he did enjoy just hanging out around the pool throwing everything in and eating! I can't wait for this Summer to be in full swing ... he is going to be so much fun this year!

Daddy trying to convince Slade the water is fun!

Slade and Aunt Summer enjoying some watermelon by the pool!

Trying to figure out what this is all about ...

1 comment:

The Mershawn's said...

Yay for Jeff! And yay for you!:)

And the swimming....well, I don't know which is worse. Geez, my kid's making me a nervous wreck. She has NO fear of the water! Crazy, right?! We went last night for about the 4th time (Mitchel is pool crazy, too). She runs after him, tries to jump in, sticks her face in the water, drinks tons, and won't get out even though her lips are blue. She even ended up face down in the kid pool at one point. Ugh. AHHH!!! Don't know where she came from....

And, we'll be praying for the house situation. That really stinks. Poor things. But, you're definitely right. There is a bigger picture, and the Lord's in control. It'll happen!!